John Augustine was born 11 July 1811 in Ohio to George Augustine and Barbara Sheets. He married Mary Ann Lane circa 1835, probably in Seneca County, Ohio. Mary Ann was born 15 January 1814 in Maryland.
John and Mary lived in Seneca County, Ohio before migrating to Wyandot County, Ohio and then Wood County, Ohio in the 1850s.
Mary died 20 April 1878 in Center Township, Wood County, Ohio. She was buried in Oak Grove Cemetery in Bowling Green, Ohio. After Mary’s death, John moved to Michigan to live with his oldest son, Silas. John died in North Star Township, Gratiot County, Michigan on 18 May 1900. He was apparently buried in Emerson Cemetery in Gratiot County, but no record has been found.
John Augustine and Mary Ann Lane had 11 children:
- Silas S Augustine (1836-1916) married 1st Mary Carter (1840-1873) and married 2nd Margaret McClane (1854-1917).
- Louisa Augustine (1838-1859).
- Hiram Augustine (1840-1879) married Mary Ellen Anderson (1847-1879).
- George W Augustine (ca. 1842-1888).
- Barbara Augustine (ca. 1844 – ?) married Henry A Fox (1838 – ?).
- Mary Harriet Augustine (1846-1940) married James Russell (1833-1899).
- Perry Augustine (ca. 1847-1879) married Weltha Householder (1851-1877).
- John Quincy Augustine (1850-1927) married Elizabeth [–?–] (ca. 1848-1898).
- Margaret Augustine (1852-1853).
- Jacob L Augustine (1855-1919) married Maryetta Underwood (1857-1913).
- Lucretia Augustine (1856-1857).
Sons Silas, Hiram and George served in the Civil War.
If you would like to collaborate on this family, please email me at email@example.com.